What is arthritis?
- Arthritis is a name for a large group of conditions affecting the joints.
- These conditions cause damage to the joints, usually resulting in pain and stiffness
- Many different parts of the joint can be affected by arthritis
- Nearly every joint in the body can be affected
There are over 100 forms of arthritis, some of the most common are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Juvenile arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus)
Booklets and information sheets about many types of arthritis and related issues are available at the AONT office, Shop 18 Rapid Creek Business Village, or ring Freecall: 1800 011 041 or (08) 8948 5232 for your free copies.
Information from Arthritis Australia
Go to www.arthritisaustralia.com.au to download all the information sheets and booklets. You can also watch information videos on some types of arthritis.
Click on “Arthritis Information” for:
- Different types of arthritis
- Arthritis and different parts of the body
- Medical management
- General management
- Complementary therapies and supplements and
- other information
Information sheets are available in a number of different languages including: Indonesian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, Punjabi and more.