What is arthritis?
- Arthritis is a name for a large group of conditions affecting the joints.
- These conditions cause damage to the joints, usually resulting in pain and stiffness
- Many different parts of the joint can be affected by arthritis
- Nearly every joint in the body can be affected
There are over 100 forms of arthritis, the most common including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Juvenile arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus)
Booklets and information sheets about many types of arthritis and related issues are available at the AONT office, Shop 18 Rapid Creek Business Village, or ring 89485232 for your free copies.
Information Sheets can be downloaded from the Arthritis Australia website – www.arthritisaustralia.com.au . Click on “Arthritis Information” for:
- Different types of arthritis
- Arthritis and different parts of the body
- Medical management
- General management
- Complementary therapies and supplements and
- other information
Information sheets are available in a number of different languages including: Indonesian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, Punjabi and more.